What is a Share and Care Group?
It is a facilitated professional development group which provides a safe place to reflect on work within the veterinary industry.
The focus of the group is on the professional attributes that underpin our specific technical skills and knowledge – attributes such as self-awareness, mindset, emotional intelligence, stress management, communication and motivation.
And we provide different types of groups depending on your role, career stage and aims.
That sounds interesting. Are they new?
Yes and no. Make Headway have been successfully running groups of this type for the past 2 years. Peer discussion and supervision groups are common in many health-care professions and countries around the world. They have also been written about in the veterinary industry (Blum 2018, Moir and Van Den Brink 2019). And Cathy has collaborated with Renske van Den Brink to write an article on the whys and wherefores of Balint group that was published in 2020. Click here to read it.
What are the benefits of joining a Share and Care group?
Joining a Share and Care group is a proactive investment in your mental health.
- Grow your support network and have a safe place to talk about your challenges and successes with people that understand.
- Enhance your ability to manage difficult situations and encounters.
- Access personalized learning and skills building in areas that reduce stress and increase resilience, work satisfaction and well-being.
Providing membership to a Share and Care Group for your team members helps businesses to;
- Develop, engage and retain great employees
- Meet your duty of care to the physical and psychological health of your employees, assisting them to manage the known risk factors associated with veterinary work