You join a Reflective Practice group utilising the Balint framework – that’s how!
We know that we have problems in our profession. Here is an intervention aimed at those difficult interactions, the emotional burden we carry and the ethical dilemmas we navigate.
Cathy is collaborating with Renske van den Brink and Prue Bonifant from NZ in offering TWO joint Australia/NZ groups for the rest of 2020. Renske is a medical doctor who co-wrote an article on veterinary well-being published in the NZ vet journal in early 2020.
The evidence from other medical contexts shows that increased satisfaction and decreased stress and burnout can be achieved by participating in a regular Reflective Practice group using the Balint model. These groups are small (up to 10 people) and create a safe space where challenging or troubling encounters can be discussed. The focus is on the veterinarian–owner/client relationship, and facilitation is by 2 trained Balint leaders.
For more information on how Reflective Practice Balint groups work;
- Click here to read the “Beating Burnout with Balint” article written by Cathy and Renske and published in VetScript.
- Click here to see an interview with Cathy, Renske and Seton Butler from the Veterinary Council of New Zealand.
- Please note that these groups are suitable for veterinary nurses and veterinarians.
Both groups will meet monthly and online via Zoom. Two day/time combinations are available and you are invited to join for the remainder of 2020 with the option of continuing on an on-going basis.
- Tuesday evenings at 7-8.30pm NZ time/5-6.30pm AEST from August to November (18/8, 15/9, 20/10, 17/11) .The group leaders will be Cathy Warburton and Renske van den Brink
- Sunday afternoons at 4-5.30pm NZ time/2-3.30pm AEST from August to November (2/8, 13/9, 4/10, 1/11). The group leaders will be Renske van den Brink and Prue Bonifant.
The cost will be $240 for the 4 sessions (which equates to $60 per session inc GST).
This is a great way of experiencing the benefits that a monthly reflective practice group can bring you.
- To register, complete the Reflective Practice Group Registration Form.